Deciding to Stay Home or Go to School
Due to COVID-19 we need to make sure that all students that are sick are staying home.
If your child will not be attending school for any reason, it is very important for you to call and notify the school office of the reason for the absence. This helps us to keep track of illnesses among our students. It also helps us be assured that your child is safe at home. In addition, the school nurse will be notified of the absence and may call you for further information.
If a student has an injury that interferes with participation in physical education class for more than three days, an excuse or recommendation for activity from a health care provider is needed.
Due to COVID-19 your child may need to be excluded from school for up to 14 days depending on the situation, this information may also change during the course of the school year. Your school nurse will be able to assist you in determining how long your child needs to stay home based on their symptoms and situation. We are following this DHS guidance and they recommend anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 stay home and be tested. Keep your child home if they have any of the following symptoms/situations.
Here are some recommendations of when to keep your child home.
- Fever: A fever of 100.4 degrees or more.
- Vomiting, Diarrhea or Severe Nausea
- Cough, shortness of breath or new loss of taste or smell.
- Any TWO of the following symptoms: Fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, fever (100.4 or higher), nausea/vomiting, or diarrhea.
- If your child is a close contact to someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
- If your child or anyone in your household tests positive for COVID-19.
- When advised by Public Health to stay home or your medical provider
If your child has any of the above symptoms of COVID-19- we recommend that you contact your child’s health care provider to discuss your child being tested for COVID-19. Contact your school nurse if you have any questions/concerns.
School Nurse Contact
Locate your school nurse’s name, telephone number and fax number by clicking on this link: School Nurse Contact Information